Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 

What does Patty and Selma's iguana have to do with the World Series?

One problem with starting the World Series on a Wednesday is that I don't go straight home from work on Wednesdays; I volunteer at Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic, recording textbooks. Now, I don't have a problem watching baseball on TiVo delay, but the big problem here was that I had to make my baseball chili ahead of time (which I did on Wednesday).

Anyway, as I was leaving the RFB&D studio at 7:00 tonight, I heard a loud voice coming from across the parking lot. My first thought was, "Wow, someone's really talking loud on their cell phone." Then I heard a different loud voice, and thought, "Wow, why are those two people talking so loud to each other?" And then I realized what the voices were, and realized that someone was sitting in their car with the windows down listening to the World Series on the radio. I hummed loudly as I walked to my car because I didn't want to hear Jon Miller give the score. (Fortunately, all I really heard from him was the phrase "It's a change-up.")

Not that hearing the score at that point would have mattered much.

Since I did end up watching it on TV, I can report that in the bottom of the 3rd, Joe Buck referred to Chris Myers as "our little jub-jub." This is because, when Joe Buck was on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" last week, Conan offered $1,000 for his favorite charity if he'd work "jub-jub" somewhere into the game broadcast, "jub-jub" being something that Conan would blurt at random moments in the "Simpsons" writers' room.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home