Tuesday, December 27, 2005

 

More baseball Christmas

As with last year, I spoke too soon. Arriving today in the mail was a gift from Levi and Stacey: The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2006, and you can tell they're serious about the "annual" thing this time because they remembered to include a year in the title. I'm sure Levi likes it because of the profile of Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty; everyone else can enjoy the two articles by Bill James, which include statements such as "The Royals walk less than Stephen Hawking."

Labels: ,


Comments:
Having Bill James write for your Internet-based baseball annual is like having God part the Red Sea for your seemingly insignificant little tribe as it attempts to escape from slavery.

Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea. The Hardball Times crew must be pretty excited.
 
"Seemingly insignificant?" We were God's Chosen People, damnit!
 
I dreamed about Rabbi Klein last night.

I assume it's because I called the Jews at the time of Moses "a seemingly insignificant tribe."

I take it back, Rabbi!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home