Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

Green M&M's in pie form

While I've been editing the old posts here to include the comments from the old system, I have of course been reading a lot about Hostess Baseballs. So when I took a break and went to Ralphs to do my weekly grocery shopping, I took a longing look at the section that includes Hostess, Little Debbie, and other snack pastries. As has been mentioned already here, 2005 is a year without Baseballs; however, I saw a product there that I had never seen before, and I just had to buy a couple...



That's Lemon Creme flavor on top and Vanilla Pudding flavor on the bottom. There were several other flavors available, including cherry, apple, and Chocolate Pudding. They're made by Horizon Snack Foods of Salt Lake City, so I'm sure they're just as sweet as Donny and Marie.

One problem: I don't think the caricature of Johnny Damon on the label quite does him justice. (Also, that doesn't quite look like a home run stroke, but maybe test marketing showed that a product called Bloop Single Pie didn't sell as well.)

Labels: , ,


Comments:
While watching "Robot Chicken" tonight, I ate the Vanilla Pudding pie, and it didn't exactly hit a home run with my taste buds. It was pretty bland -- just like Donny and Marie, come to think of it.

I'll save Lemon Creme for the All-Star Game on Tuesday -- maybe not to eat, but to stuff in my ears so I don't have to hear Tim McCarver.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home