Monday, July 05, 2004

 

Last word on the flag flap

On Saturday morning, Bush signed an order raising flags back to full staff in advance of Independence Day. So we were only officially mourning Reagan for 27 or 28 days. Some of the flags around here are still at half-staff, so either they didn't read the "brief" in Saturday's paper, or there was a separate order from Governor Schwarzenegger that I'm unaware of. (The LAPD station near my apartment had their flag at half-staff this afternoon, but a Burbank fire station was flying theirs at full-staff, to name the two government facilities I noticed.)

I'm leaving for New York early Tuesday morning, and probably won't have computer access until I get back late Sunday. I intend to go to the Yankees-Devil Rays game Thursday night, but may be going solo because certain people have to work, or so they claim.

Perhaps while I'm gone, everyone can complain about the All-Star Game selections. Where's Victor Zambrano and his awesome June?! Where's Maura's favorite player?! Why can't I do a write-in on this "final vote" thing?!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home