Tuesday, May 18, 2004

 

We're not watching our own network

Several times during tonight's hockey game on ESPN2, play-by-play announcer Gary Thorne promoted tomorrow night's baseball coverage by saying, "Barry Bonds and the Giants travel to Wrigley Field to take on Sosa and the Cubs."

Problem is, the ESPN2 "Bottom Line" ticker was repeating "Cubs OF Sammy Sosa (back) to be put on DL Wednesday."

And then there was some actual breaking news on the Bottom Line: congratulations to Randy Johnson on the perfect game. Couldn't have happened to a scarier-looking guy! I'm still going to refer to him as The Big Eunuch, but not when he's within earshot.

Original comments...



Jason: I thought I was the only one in the Western United States watching this game.

Actually, I only watched the replay at midnight, but I still tuned in. Let's hear it for a Tampa Bay-Calgary Stanley Cup Final!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home